Monday, March 17, 2008

I Won a Contest! O_O


In January, I entered my story, The Werewolf and the Businessman, into a short-story contest.

On Friday, Lauren Groff, author of Monsters of Templeton, came to our school to announce the winners and to talk to students about writing. My story got second place! :D

I got my picture taken with her, and the first place kid (he wrote a story about a snail on a leaf) and I got to have lunch with her. The lunch was funny; we had chicken salad, they both weren't eating meat, and I didn't eat salad, so I took their chicken and gave the senior kid my salad. xD

After that, the dessert was cookies the size of our hands. o_o

For my prize, I'm getting $75 US soon, and first place gets $100.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Nanaki said...

Oooh, go you! You should upload those photos for us to see.

March 21, 2008 at 7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home